Not only were they the first and only May box, Birchbox was the first to get their June box to me. So, what does June bring forth?
I like the polka dots but… seriously, what am I supposed to do with all these boxes?
Something different about this month- instead of 5 random samples, I chose one of three samples. I decided to try the Smashbox primer. Aside from that sample, the other four were sent by Birchbox. I’ve had a week or so to try most of them out at least once, so… without further ado…. June.
[As soon as I typed that, I got the song June Hymn stuck in my head… so here’s my attempt to remove it.]
Now that the song is out of my head, my samples…
- amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- Like all dry shampoos, it seems fine. I only used it once so far, because I don’t use them that often. It’s not better nor worse than any others I’ve tried, and the fact that I am using a dry shampoo means I didn’t have time to wash my hair and I am grumpy, anyway… Another great size for travel.
- COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30 Rosilliance
- Terrible. Why? There was literally one single drop in the container. Who sends out an empty container? I have no idea if I liked it because they didn’t send me an actual sample. I am not happy about this. I can see from their website from reviews of other similar products I am not the only person with this experience. If I get another empty sample I am done with this subscription.
- Mellow Cosmetics Liquid Lip Paint- Tehran
- I did not care for this color at ALL. I prefer natural or slightly pink or slightly red lipgloss/lipstick, so brown is not going to work for me. I didn’t love the texture especially, but I hated how it looks so much I took it off immediately. I therefore cannot vouch for whether it lasts long or not.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- I don’t wear a whole lot of foundation, but I did like this primer. It felt light and was very smooth. My foundation went on smoothly underneath. The lack of SPF might make it a better winter primer.
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
- I’m a bit nervous to try this as my skin is pretty sensitive. I unfortunately got a lot of sun this week and didn’t feel like it was a good time to try it, so I’m going to wait a few days. I will update this post once I try it out.
So… a mixed box. I felt I liked the first box better, maybe just because I was really disappointed with two of the products here, including the product that didn’t exist. We’ll see if they improve or if Birchbox isn’t for me…
Coming up soon, two new subscription boxes (bags), some new eyeshadow I bought recently, and more….